Raw Gooey Brownies

Someone told me about this recipe about a month ago. At the time, I was unsure about a raw dessert with a base of dates (I am not a fan of dates usually...). 
But I was hosting, and the pressure of having friends over and impressing them with my 'healthy food was too much and I ended up giving in to the curiosity. 
They are now, my favourite 'healthy' treat! 
Watch out for those calories though... all that cacao, dates, nuts and agave may be a healthier option ingredient-wise but as far as calories go, it's still a killer. 
But they are sooooo goooood...


Ingredients:
100g of pecans
4 tbsp of raw cacao (or to taste)
3 tbsp of agave (or to taste)
300g of medjool dates
 (I know - a dessert with 4 ingredients - eeeeeasy!)


How to Make it:
Ground the pecans, blend the dates and mix them together with the cacao and the agave in the blender/food processor. It will be hugely sticky and messy, but that's half the fun. Don't worry if bits get stuck to the blades, they are easily removed with a silicone spoon. It actually rinses out afterwards surprisingly well! I thought I would have had to scrub for ages with all that stickiness - impressed with the lack of hassle after the fun baking times!

When it's all nicely blended, place in a container suitable for freezing or refrigerating and spread otu nicely to even the surface. 

Leave in freezer for an hour, or if you are blessed with a a little more time, then leave in fridge for 3-4 hours. Then, remove, cut and serve. I love them also with a side of strawberries or raspberries!


They are best kept in the fridge. They are also dangerously delicious though, so I usually avoid making them too small and bite-sized, or I end up snacking on them every time I open the fridge...!
Enjoy! xx



No comments:

Post a Comment